Section 206 of the recast text of the Public Sector Procurement Act, approved by Royal Legislative Decree 3/2011, of 14 November and, in accordance with that set out in the thirty fourth additional provision of Royal Decree-Act 8/2013, of 28 June, establishing the competency of the Directorate General for Rationalisation and Centralisation of Public Procurement and the Centralized Public Procurement Board to operate exclusively as the procurement body within the ambit of the General State Administration, its autonomous agencies, management entities and the Common Services of Social Security and other state public bodies.
The centralised procurement system is a model for the procurement of assets, works and services, the special characteristics of which make them susceptible to being used generally by all bodies that make up the General State Administration thus they are qualified as centralised procurement pursuant to article 206.1 of the TRLCSP. All the information regarding the Centralised State Procurement System and the State Procurement Centre can be found on their specific portal: https://contratacioncentralizada.gob.es/
Through the CONNECT-CENTRALISATION application of the Directorate General for Rationalisation and Centralisation of Public Procurement,
http://catalogocentralizado.minhap.es,which offers the following services:
- For public bodies that use the system:
- Checking the catalogue of assets and services of centralized procurement.
- Comparison of products in the catalogue and creation of "shopping baskets" of products.
- Management of invitations to companies for a second tender of contracts based on framework agreements.
- Creation of awarding proposals of assets or services, supporting the influx of approvals in the interested body and sending proposals to the DGRCC for them to be checked and agreed by means of a contract based on the corresponding framework agreement.
- Monitoring the status of different approval proposals for assets and services.
- Information on procurement completed.
- For companies awarded contracts:
- Checking of catalogue of assets and services of centralized procurement.
- Creation of "shopping baskets" of products (from their catalogue).
- Receiving notices regarding new awarded contracts.
- Sending of invitations to companies for a second tender of contracts based on framework agreements.
- Management of updating the assets and services in their catalogue.
This system is directed at those bodies that belong to one of the following Administrations:
- General State Administration and its Autonomous Bodies.
- Management entities and Common Services of Social Security.
- State Public Entities.
By virtue of that set out in section 205 of the recast text of the Public Sector Procurement Act, approved by Royal Legislative Decree 3/2011 of 14 November, the Autonomous Communities and Local Entities as well as its dependent autonomous bodies and public entities who may subscribe to the centralized procurement system regulated in section 206 of the same Royal Legislative Decree may also benefit from such system for the entirety of all supplies, services and works included in same or for only determined categories thereof. Signing up requires the conclusion of the corresponding agreement with the Directorate General for the Rationalisation and Centralisation of Contracts.